Below, you will find information relevant to grantmaking at Borealis. For a database of all current and former Borealis grantees, please visit our grantee directory. For information about a particular Borealis fund—including background, list of grantees, news and updates, and contact information—please visit the fund’s individual page below:
- The Black-Led Movement Fund aims to transform this scenario by supporting intersectional Black-led organizing, Black-led institutions, and their leaders as they build and activate bases of power in local communities.
- The Fund for Trans Generations works to ensure that frontline trans activists and organizations have the financial resources and engagement needed to advance the safety, security and rights of trans people.
- The Immigration Litigation Fund was created to ensure that the nation’s immigration enforcement system is fair, humane, and prioritizes the civil and human rights of those vulnerable to deportation.
- The Transforming Movements Fund supports the leadership and visibility of LGBTQ young people working across issues towards more powerful networks for social change. The TMF is a collaborative effort of the Arcus Foundation, Ford Foundation, and Anonymous Donors.
- The Communities Transforming Policing Fund supports promising police reform advocacy in local jurisdictions in the United States.