SPARK GRANTEE PARNTER, FRONTLINE DADS
SPARK GRANTEE PARNTER, FREE ALAS
The Spark Justice Fund (SJF) resources grassroots organizing groups that are ending money bail and unjust pretrial detention policies. The Fund focuses on supporting grassroots and power-building groups to decarcerate, close jails, and advance transformative visions of pretrial justice in the communities most impacted by incarceration.
The SJF was launched in 2019 and has moved more than $10.4 million to 62 organizations!
SPARK GRANTEE PARNTER, MICHIGAN LIBERATION
THE LATEST FROM SPARK
- TOOLKIT: The Fight Against Surveillance: Our Neighbors, Our Safety
- Poverty is violence. Nowhere is that clearer than in our jails and pretrial detention policies.
- What We Learned: Fight Against Surveillance
- Spark Justice Fund Moves $2.4 Million to Organizations Working to Decarcerate, Close Jails, and Advance Transformative Visions of Pretrial Justice
The SJF prioritizes funding for:
- Decarcerative policy reform and/or policy implementation efforts to end cash bail and other key policy drivers of jail populations.
- Campaigns to close jails or stop jail expansion and drive investment into the communities most impacted by incarceration.
- The creation of innovative, community-driven alternatives to pretrial detention.
SPARK 2022 HIGHLIGHTS
Current Funding Opportunities
The Spark Justice Fund is not currently accepting LOIs.
The Spark Justice donor collaborative offers funders:
- Learning opportunities about the grassroots campaigns SJF is supporting for pretrial justice and racial justice.
- Updates about SJF’s current grantmaking priorities and the field of pretrial justice organizing and movement-building.
- Feedback from executive directors, specifically Black EDs, about what’s happening in the movement and ways to respond to organizers’ needs.
- Access to a community of donors invested in issues such as digital surveillance, pretrial detention, as well as closing jails and prisons.