BLMF GRANTEE PARNTER, DREAM DEFENDERS
BLMF GRANTEE PARNTER, SOLUTIONS NOT PUNISHMENT COLLABORATIVE (SNAP CO)
The BLMF exists to ensure that progressive, Black-led movement organizations have the resources, visibility, infrastructure and leadership capacity to sustain their day-to-day work. This includes the organizing, advocacy and collective care needed to combat anti-Black racism, ableism, cis-heteropatriarchy, and state violence in their communities and achieve transformational and lasting change.
The BLMF was launched in 2016 and has since moved more than $21.1 million to Black-led organizations!
BLMF GRANTEE PARNTER, ACTION STL
THE LATEST FROM THE BLMF
- Supporting Black-Led Movements for Safety & Liberation: Resources for Funders
- The Origins of the Environmental Justice Movement + the BLMF Grantees Carrying This Legacy
- The Arc of Justice: What We Learned About Supporting Ballot Initiatives for Transformative Change
- The Black-Led Movement Fund Grants Nearly $3.9 million to 80 Grassroots Organizations!
The BLMF prioritizes funding for:
- Groups centering the leadership of Black women/femmes, girls, as well as queer and trans people. We define “Black-led” as 75% or more of its organizational composition self-identifying as Black.
- Groups building local power, particularly in the South and Midwest, where funding opportunities for Black-led organizing are more often scarce.
- Groups experimenting with new approaches to community safety or other strategic experiments that are less likely to be funded by institutional philanthropy.
- Groups that have an intersectional connection to other issues and movements, such as climate justice, food and land justice, im/migration, reproductive justice, prison industrial complex abolition, disability justice, gender justice, and economic justice.
- Groups working within the M4BL ecosystem, or within other movement ecosystems that are politically aligned with the M4BL Values.
- Community organizing, advocacy, and/or policy work, or other work that moves ideas and practices of disability inclusion and disability justice forward.
BLMF 2022 HIGHLIGHTS
The BLMF’s Grantmaking Process
Current Funding Opportunities
As a donor collaborative, the BLMF offers funders:
- Deep knowledge and insight about Black-led movement strategy and tactics
- Relationships with expert staff who are connected to local Black-led movement organizations in every region
- Knowledge exchange with allied funders
- Giving that is aligned with the movement’s needs
- Capacity building add-ons for individual groups and the M4BL ecosystem
- Deepening existing social justice commitments to include and center disability justice through trust and relationship building.