FTG GRANTEE PARTNER, ORGANIZACION LATINA DE TRANS EN TEXAS
The Fund for Trans Generations invests in trans-led organizing to support a future where transgender, gender non-conforming, and nonbinary people live with freedom, safety, and self-determination.
The FTG plays an important role in providing significant resources to emerging trans-led groups that have had limited access to national funding streams. The FTG is committed to growing with organizations and increasing their capacity and leadership development as they meet the needs of transgender, gender non-conforming and nonbinary communities. The Fund provides both general support grants and organizational development grants to their grantee partners.
The FTG’s grantee partners work holistically to address the individual and collective needs of trans people, from survival to thriving to building power.
The FTG was launched in 2016 and has moved more than $11 million in 751 grants to 234 trans-led organizations!
FTG GRANTEE PARTNER, BALTIMORE SAFE HAVEN
THE LATEST FROM FTG
- Beyond Survival: Resourcing Rest for Sustained Movement Building
- A Borealis Queer & Trans Self-Care Guide
- Honoring Our Unapologetically Queer and Trans Ancestors
- Reproductive Justice Is Trans Justice; Trans Justice Is Reproductive Justice
- My Journey From Mass Incarceration to Philanthro-Activist
- The FTG Reaffirms Its Commitment to Trans-Led Organizations
The FTG prioritizes funding for organizations addressing:
- Health and Healing
- Leadership Development
- Grassroots Organizing
- Movement Building
- Mutual Aid and Direct Services
- Arts and Culture
FTG 2022 HIGHLIGHTS
The FTG’s Grantmaking Process
Current Funding Opportunities
The FTG continues to receive a significant amount of funding requests and, as an intermediary, we are committed to fundraising dollars from institutional philanthropy to regrant to trans-led grassroots organizing efforts rooted in intersectional racial and gender justice. At the moment, the FTG has a rapid response fund available year-round. Please access our FTG Rapid Response FAQ for more information.
The FTG donor collaborative offers funders:
- Deep engagement in funding decisions, and participation in learning spaces with staff and advisory committee members.
- Communication with nascent organizations that wouldn’t be on donors’ radar screens.
- Strategic lessons that donors can carry over to their direct grantmaking and other collaboratives.